Quantcast

Friends and Family Affected by Myeloma

Revlimid

I had a BMT the first of August and have just started on Revlimid. right now my husband's insurance is paying 100% but he will retire as of January 1 and I am wondering how we are going to be able to pay for this very expensive medication. Also wondering what kind of side effects people have experienced. I seem to have increased fatigue but that is all and I wonder if that will get better.

1 Like

Celgene Pharmaceuticals will pay for the drug, and Patient Access Network will help you apply for grants to cover the medication. I have been on Rev since 2012. Hope this helps

•Patient Access Network Foundation www.patientaccessnetwork.org 866-■■■■■■■■

www.celgene.com

wishing you the best- Janet

1 Like

You should also try LLS I believe it’s also known as Leukemia Lymphoma Society and they would allow me up $10,000.00 a year to apply towards my high dollar meds like Revlimid. I’m sorry but my experience with Revlimid was that feeling never went away! You are probably doing 21 days a month and then you get a "so called " week off right? Good luck to you and I’ll say a few prayers for you! If I can help anyway please drop me a line @ ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

1 Like

Thank you for the information. We have been nervous because my husband is retiring in February and we lose his insurance which is paying for the Revlimid now. I actually take it every day - no week off. It would be cheaper if I only took 21 per month. And maybe I would feel better the week off. I am really struggling with the fatigue. I am so glad that I am retired and not having to worry about going back to work. How long were you on Revlimid?

I hope that you are doing well.

1 Like

I hope you’ve found help getting your Revlimid paid for. I tried to get LLS to help pay for my Neupogen injections prior to my SCT (had it on November 4). My experience was that I would’ve had to be destitute to qualify for help, but I hope you have more success with them–good luck. By the way, I will probably be starting Revlimid myself in January. I am interested to hear your and anyone’s experience with it and if the side effects were tolerable. I especially worry about GI symptoms. Feedback anyone? Thank you.

1 Like

My experience with Revlimid is that it makes me very tired. However, they finally told me to take it at night instead of in the morning and that has made a huge difference. I have some digestive problems but don't know if I should blame it on the Revlimid. I just can't eat very much without getting an upset stomach. And I recently made some French bread and I absolutely could not eat it. Gave me horrific gas pains. I am assuming that it was the yeast.

I will post again once I know what is going to happen with the Revlimid. Right now my husband's insurance is paying but that will change Jan 1 and he is retiring so we will only have Medicare.

Thanks

1 Like